Here is a site that tells you what other people have accomplished by the time they were your age.
Things Other People Accomplished When They Were Your Age
I will be 34 this year.
After defeating Antony and Cleopatra’s forces in a naval battle, Augustus became the master of the Roman world.
I’m going back to bed.
Just watched the 2-hour lost. Did anyone notice the Star Trek connection? In Star Trek, they would always take a security officer down to the planet with them and he would, inevitably, die. LOST used a science teacher instead, played by Daniel Roebuck. (I love that guy!) Good way to build tension, I guess.
Over all, I wasn’t too impressed. Not enough questions were answered this year. I wonder if they wrote a bible or are writing form the hip.
No, I have not seen IT yet but I found this over at Totally Unauthorized, thanks Peggy!
10. You don’t need to see my goddamn identification, ‘cause these ain’t the motherfuckin’ droids you’re looking for.
9. Womp rat may taste like pumpkin pie, but I’ll never know, ‘cause I wouldn’t eat the filthy motherfucker.
8. This is your father’s lightsaber. When you absolutely, positively, have to kill every motherfuckin’ stormtrooper in the room… accept no substitutes.
7. If Obi-wan ain’t home then I don’t know what the fuck we’re gonna do. I ain’t got no other connections on Tattooine.
6. Feel the Force, motherfucker.
5. ‘What’ ain’t no planet I’ve ever heard of! Do they speak Bocce on ‘What’?
4. You sendin’ the Fett? Shit, Hutt, that’s all you had to say!
3. I wouldn’t go so far as to say that the motherfucker’s a carpet. Yeah Chewie got a hair problem. What’s the brother gonna do? He’s a wookie.
2. Does Jabba the Hutt look like a bitch?
1. Hand me my lightsaber… it’s the one that says, “Bad Motherfucker” on it.
So, you follow a television show all season; sitting down every week at the same time watching the people you have grown to love, or despise, as the case may be. Then, the time comes for the season finale. You sit down; same time, same channel and what do you get? You missed it. There were two finales this week that I planned to watch and both were aired early. Now, I’m sure that it was advertised somewhere, but I don’t listen to ads. I just watch my shows. Lucky I was looking at my on-screen guide and caught the change. Why do television executives change the days and times of season finales? My wife has a theory; she thinks that they do it on purpose so that we will have to watch the reruns.
Does anyone have an answer for this?
And while we are on the subject; why did WEST WING end a month early?
I miss Aaron Sorkin.
Researchers now say that playing video games make people smarter. “It’s not the button pushing that’s important,” says Mitch Wade, an information consultant for firms like Google and Rand Corp., who co-wrote a recent book called “Got Game.” “It’s the problem-solving.”
Even though it will not be released until May 19, 2006, there is already a website and trailer for The Da Vinci Code.
Can you say over-hyped boys and girls?
Well, it’s been a few weeks and I still haven’t started to work on draft two. Every time I sit down to write I end up doing something else. I saw that David, over at Man Bites Hollywood, has a cool screenplay progress bar and I thought that maybe a visual reminder would motivate me. Yes, I realize that this is also procrastination. What do you expect? I can’t quit cold-turkey!
So, now we can see how much (or how little) I have written.